1) “Yes, I am an introvert.
I’m not shy. I’m an observer.
I’m not stuck up. I’m not anti-social.
I treasure my solitude.
I’m not a fan of small talk.
I prefer a few close friends.
I am reserved, until I’m not.
I appreciate true connection.
If we connect, you matter to me.”
2) “I hate when people ask me “why are you so quiet?”
Because I am. That’s how I function.
I don’t ask others “why are you so noisy? Why do you talk so much?”
3) “I’m very picky with whom I give my energy to. I prefer to reserve my time, intensity and spirit exclusively to those who reflect sincerity.” – Dau Voire
4) “Introverts listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation. They tend to dislike conflict. Many have a horror for small talk, but enjoy deep discussions.” – Susan Cain
5) “Introverts: Stay up very late at night because it is the only time they can be alone.”
6) “Introvert Problems:
Meeting someone you actually want to get to know and not being able to come up with anything at all to say to them.” – Unknown
7) “The funny thing about introverts is once they feel comfortable with you; they can be the funniest, most enjoyable people to around. It’s like a secret they feel comfortable sharing with you. Except the secret is their personality.”
8) “I withdraw from people and places from time to time, I need space from a world that is filled with millions of mouths that talk too much but never have anything to say.” – Kaitlin Foster
9) “Asking an introvert to open up is as rude as asking an extrovert to shut up.”
10) “And then I think that maybe I was designed to be alone.”
11) “I have an introvert Hangover. I’m totally exhausted, from too much human interaction.”
12) “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” – Audrey Hepburn
13) “Quiet people have the loudest minds.” -Stephen Hawking
14) “Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, and something to judge.” -Paulo Coelho
15) “Writing is something you do alone. It’s a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don’t want to make eye contact while doing it.” – John Green
16) “As an introvert I am awkward, I don’t know how to have a conversation. People probably think I’m rude. I try to carry a conversation but I just can’t.”
17) “My life is a struggle of constantly wanting to go out and have fun with people and also simultaneously trying to avoid all human contact.”
18) “As an introvert I am awkward, I don’t know how to have a conversation. People probably think I’m rude. I try to carry a conversation but I just can’t.” – Michaela Chung
19) “Introverts often work more slowly and deliberately. They like to focus on one task at a time and can have mighty powers of concentration. They’re relatively immune to the lures of wealth and fame.” — Susan Cain
20) “Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured.” — Susan Cain
21) “Introverts are capable of acting like extroverts for the sake of work they consider important, people they love, or anything they value highly.” — Susan Cain
22) “The bias against introversion leads to a colossal waste of talent, energy, and happiness.” — Susan Cain
23) “Introverts prefer to work independently, and solitude can be a catalyst to innovation.” — Susan Cain
24) “I’m a thinker, I’m an artist and I’m an introvert.”
25) “People think I’m ignoring them or that I don’t wanna talk to them, but in reality I’m just over thinking what I should say.”
26) “I am introverted.
This means if I see you in public and have a chance to pass by without you seeing me, I will take that chance.”
27) “I always regret the plans I made when I was in a 5 minute extroverted mood.”
28) “People: You should talk more
Me: *tries to talk*
– Gets ignored.
– Gets interrupted.
– Gets talked over.
– No one pays attention.
– No one cares.”
29) “Introvert problems:
Wanting to be invited but not wanting to go anywhere. Being lonely at home, but not wanting anyone in your space unless you really like them. Even if you really like them, you want them to go home soon.”
30) “I used to think I was introverted because I enjoyed being alone but it turns out I really liked being at peace with myself and my surrounding and I am extremely extroverted with people who bring me comfort and happiness.”
31) “I ignore texts. I let the phone ring. It’s nothing personal, but some people need to realize that sometimes I don’t feel like talking.”
32) “As a shy introvert my goal isn’t to become a confident extrovert. But a confident introvert. Speaking only when I have something to say but the precision, confidence and weight.”
33) “I’m not open to many people, I’m usually quiet and I don’t really like attention. So if I like you enough to show you the real me, you must be very special.”
34) “I’m the type of person who goes to a party. And makes friends with the dog.”
35) “I am introverted. This means if I see you in public and have a chance to pass by without you seeing me, I will take that chance.”
36) “I am rarely bored alone; I am often bored in groups and crowds.” – Laurie Helgoe
37) “Introverts live in two worlds: We visit the world of people, but solitude and the inner world will always be our home.” ― Jenn Granneman
38) “At the center of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want.” – Lao Tzu
39) “Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to Hell.” ― Criss Jami
40) “Introverts don’t see life as one big cocktail party. We’re content with just a few meaningful relationships.” ― Jenn Granneman
41) “Let’s clear one thing up: Introverts do not hate small talk because we dislike people. We hate small talk because we hate the barrier it creates between people.” – Laurie Helgoe
42) “I think I’m a weird combination of deeply introverted and very daring. I can feel both those things working.” – Helen Hunt
43) “I think a lot, but I don’t say much.” – Anne Frank
44) “I’m an introvert… I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, and the sky.” – Audrey Hepburn
45) “Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren’t a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.” – Cheryl Strayed
46) “How much better is silence; the coffee cup, the table. How much better to sit by myself like the solitary sea-bird that opens its wings on the stake. Let me sit here forever with bare things, this coffee cup, this knife, this fork, things in themselves, myself being myself.” – Virginia Wolf, The Waves
47) “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” – Anne Lamott
48) “Introverts are word economists in a society suffering from verbal diarrhea.” – Michaela Chung
49) “Introverts like being introverts. We are drawn to ideas, we are passionate observers, and for us, solitude is rich and generative.” – Laurie Helgoe
50) “For introverts, to be alone with our thoughts is as restorative as sleeping, as nourishing as eating.” – Jonathan Rauch
51) “Introverts process information internally, and we don’t like to express our thoughts until they are fully formed.” – Laurie helgao
52) “When I first read the words ‘introvert’ and ‘extrovert’ when I was 10, I thought I was both.” – Annie Dillard
53) “I am not boring or shy.
I am an introvert.
54) “I may look like I’m not doing anything, but I’m quite busy problem-solving, being creative, or just thinking in my head with about 30 tabs open.”
55) “Introvert. I’m not mad or depressed or antisocial. I just need to not talk to anyone for a while and that’s okay.”
56) “Solitude is dangerous. It’s addictive. Once you see how peaceful it is, you don’t want to deal with people.”
57) “I’m not here to fit into your world I’m here to make my own.”
58) “From the outside looking in, it’s hard to understand. From the inside looking out, it’s hard to explain.”
59) “I’m sorry. I know I said hi, but I wasn’t really prepared for any follow-up conversation.”
60) “Don’t underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realize.”
61) “I am an introvert”
That means that when I’m feeling down, chances are that I won’t actually go to you for help. In fact, I won’t go to anyone for help. You’ll have to actually check on me. I don’t feel that I should burden others with my problems but if you come to me, I might just trust you enough to let you help.”
62) “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.” — Lana Del Rey
63) “For an introvert his environment is himself and can never be subject to starting or unforeseen change.” — Quentin Crisp
64) “When an introvert is quiet, don’t assume he is depressed, snobbish or socially deficient.”
– Laurie A. Helgoe
65) “I’m very honest in my music and I’m often asked to explain the lyrics; as an introvert, I find that quite hard. And I always wear high heels on stage, which can be painful.”